Monday, October 15, 2012

Kampung Kreatif Braga

The Sight of Kampoeng Kreatif Braga from Jalan Braga
A few days ago, I went to my most favorite city in the world: Bandung. I accompanied my bf to fix up his car in Banceuy area (I'm going to write about this unique area someday) where not so far from the famous Jalan Braga located. So when we had to wait for the car repair works, without coercion of course, we decided to go to De Braga Weg.. ;)

Love is in the air, mijn vrienden.. We were enjoying the sunday afternoon sight of Jalan Braga while realized that there is an alley with eye catching tagline; "Kampoeng Kreatif Braga" (Braga Creative Village). It was so magnetic for us to come inside. Both of us wondering is it similar village like Dipowinatan or Cokroningratan in Yogyakarta? Or maybe as cool as Banjarsari Village in Cilandak, Jakarta? Well at the first time I was so impressed with I-so-called the "foyer of the alley" where a food street vendor who was busy to set and fix his presentation while the customers enjoyed their meal with decorated mural wall as their background.

"Alley Cafe"

But this lovely urban sight stopped when I reached the 15 meters length of the alley. There was a pile of rubbish welcoming us.

Going Down the Alley :S

Feeling Down for The Alley :(

So Sorry for The Plant :'(

It was a heart breaking moment. At the same time we have got information that this "creative urban village" was created for the Annually Braga Festival purposed. Yet I ain't happy, my heart is more broken than before. What the hell is going on? Do people these days really love to make something fake? Something that can be enjoyed in some festive or happening occasions only? Did people really write down the creative village name for festival purposed only? I send my regards to real life.

Braga Festival 2012 Signage Left
But then again, as an Indonesian citizen *slash* third world nationality, I experienced to never ever stop asking, hoping, thinking, and trying for the better condition. This is the fusion of best and weakest strength. I still believe Bandung is full of creative people who have willingness and dream about this city. Let's take a minute to wondering this Kampoeng Kreatif Braga would give a hit just like Xin Tian Di in Shanghai did, where old conservation area well blended with the local modern daily REAL life; kids, youngster, oldster, even the kungfu master.


Cubism Door
The Down Alley
"The Unify"; Iwan Fals, Indonesian Singer (what if he became the mayor of Bandung? Wouldn't it be cool?! I'll vote for him! hehe)
The children of Kampung Kreatif Braga
Those pictures from some corners of this Kampoeng Kreatif Braga strengthened evidence that no one can resist the ultimate power of Bandung creativity such as mural, sculpture, urban installation, and city festival - no matter how terrible rubbish existed like I described before. No one can't more agree when someone said Bandung is the vibrant creative city in Indonesia. And no one will be sad someday because of the beauty of Bandung is not temporary, it sustains! This city's beauty should not only shown during some festivals. I hope.


2 comments:

  1. Reading your post makes me remember to my college time.. it was a time when our neighbour country claim one of our heritage as their own.

    my lecturer has said that sometimes we are not apreaciate enough on what we have until others claim it as theirs.

    well may be my opening is not related to your post but.. i would like to say is.. for some people who are live just for working.. they dont really care about what is happening to their neighbourhood.. we can say that.. they are to busy to think and work for their own life than for their environment.

    well.. sad.. but it is life..

    that is why we need someone like you or my lecturer to remember us about all that things.. and that is why we go to school..

    PS.
    finding your blog.. makes me remember to my own.. i think i will going to start again my writing skill...

    ReplyDelete